Day 1 was Sweet!

 Well, I thought riding in New York would prepare me, but Boston almost took me out twice in my first 15 minutes. First a livery turning right went right into the bike lane and almost took me down. He stopped in time, but only because I first managed to swerve away. Then, only about 10 minutes later, I narrowly missed being doored. Sheesh. More amazing, my SmartWatch, which I didn't know did such things, right afterwards popped up an alert, saying that I seem stressed and maybe I should relax and take some deep breaths.

In any event, those incidents aside, it was a great day of riding. 74 miles in all, which was pretty ambitious for day 1, but I had a little bit of a tailwind for a good part of it, which helped. I rode some great empty back roads and a very long stretch on the Blackstone River bike path, which leads into Providence. I had no idea it existed or was so nice.



By the way, my worldly possessions for the next 5 days are all contained in the saddle bag jotting out from underneath my seat. They do get a little wrinkled.

And here is a link today's route. And a picture of same.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Back to the Big Apple

Day 3: The Coastal Route was a lovely Surprise